Pokemon Ultra Moon is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS handheld console. It is an enhanced version of the 2016 game Pokemon Sun and Moon, featuring new content, characters, and gameplay features.
The game takes place in the Alola region, which is based on the Hawaiian Islands, and follows the journey of a young trainer who aims to become the Pokemon Champion. Along the way, they must battle and capture Pokemon, participate in the Island Challenge, and foil the plans of the villainous Team Rainbow Rocket.
Pokemon Ultra Moon Starters
In Pokemon Ultra Moon, players have the option to choose one of three different starter Pokemon at the beginning of the game. These starter Pokemon are:
- Rowlet – a Grass/Flying type Pokemon that resembles an owl. Rowlet has a calm and collected personality, and is known for its impressive accuracy and evasive abilities.
- Litten – a Fire type Pokemon that resembles a black and red kitten. Litten has a sassy and independent personality, and is known for its speed and physical attacks.
- Popplio – a Water type Pokemon that resembles a blue and white seal. Popplio has a playful and energetic personality, and is known for its high Special Attack and Special Defense stats.
Pokemon Ultra Moon Starters Pokedex
|Starter Pokemon||Pokedex Number||Type(s)||Height||Weight||Pokedex Entry|
|Rowlet||722||Grass/Flying||0.3 m||1.5 kg||It can fly silently through the skies, sneaking up on its target without being noticed.|
|Litten||725||Fire||0.4 m||4.3 kg||While grooming itself, it builds up fur inside its stomach. It sets the fur alight and spews fiery attacks, which change based on how it coughs.|
|Popplio||728||Water||0.4 m||7.5 kg||This Pokémon snorts body fluids from its nose, blowing balloons to smash into its foes. It’s famous for being a hard worker.|
Pokemon Ultra Moon Starters Stats
|Starter Pokemon||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
Pokemon Ultra Moon Starters Evolution
|Starter||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3|
|Rowlet||Rowlet (Level 17)||Dartrix (Level 34)||Decidueye|
|Litten||Litten (Level 17)||Torracat (Level 34)||Incineroar|
|Popplio||Popplio (Level 17)||Brionne (Level 34)||Primarina|
Pokemon Ultra Moon Starters Comparison
|Rowlet||Grass/Flying||Resistant to Ground, Water, and Grass||Weak to Electric, Ice, and Rock|
|Litten||Fire||Resistant to Fire, Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel||Weak to Water, Ground, and Rock|
|Popplio||Water||Resistant to Fire, Water, Ice, and Steel||Weak to Electric and Grass|
Best Pokemon Ultra Moon Starter
The three starter Pokemon in Pokemon Ultra Moon are Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. The best starter for you depends on your personal playstyle and preferences, but here are some general tips:
- Rowlet: Rowlet is a Grass/Flying type, and it has good stats in both defense and speed. It can learn a variety of moves, including Grass and Flying type attacks, which can give you an advantage against certain types of Pokemon.
- Litten: Litten is a Fire type, and it has good stats in attack and speed. It can learn a variety of Fire type attacks, which can be effective against Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel type Pokemon.
- Popplio: Popplio is a Water type, and it has good stats in both special attack and special defense. It can learn a variety of Water type attacks, which can be effective against Fire, Ground, and Rock type Pokemon.
Ultimately, the choice of starter Pokemon depends on your playstyle and preferences. Choose the one that you think will fit your playstyle the best, and don’t be afraid to try them all out!
Also see Pokemon Ultra Sun Starters