Pokemon Shield is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch console. It is one of two versions of the eighth generation of the Pokemon series, the other being Pokemon Sword.
The game takes place in the Galar region, a region inspired by the United Kingdom, and features a new set of Pokemon to capture and train, as well as a new storyline and characters to meet. The main goal of the game is to become the Champion of the Galar region’s Pokemon League by defeating a series of Gym Leaders and the Elite Four.
Players can also participate in Max Raid Battles, where they team up with other players or NPCs to take down powerful Dynamax and Gigantamax Pokemon, and participate in the Battle Tower, a facility where they can battle against other trainers.
Pokemon Shield Starters
In Pokemon Shield, players can choose from three different starter Pokemon at the beginning of the game. These three starter Pokemon are:
- Grookey – a Grass-type chimp Pokemon that is energetic and curious. Its signature move is “Branch Poke.”
- Scorbunny – a Fire-type rabbit Pokemon that is highly energetic and loves to run. Its signature move is “Ember.”
- Sobble – a Water-type lizard Pokemon that is shy and often hides from others. Its signature move is “Water Gun.”
Pokemon Shield Starters Pokedex
|Grookey||Grass||It attacks with rapid beats of its stick. As it strikes with amazing speed, it gets more and more pumped.|
|Scorbunny||Fire||It has special pads on the backs of its feet, and one on its nose. Once it’s raring to fight, these pads radiate tremendous heat.|
|Sobble||Water||When scared, this Pokémon cries. Its tears pack the chemical punch of 100 onions, and attackers won’t be able to resist weeping.|
Pokemon Shield Starters Stats
|Pokemon||HP||Attack||Defense||Sp. Attack||Sp. Defense||Speed|
Pokemon Shield Starters Evolutions
|Starter||First Evolution||Second Evolution||Final Evolution|
|Grookey||Evolves at level 16||Evolves at level 35||Rillaboom (no further evolution)|
|Scorbunny||Evolves at level 16||Evolves at level 35||Cinderace (no further evolution)|
|Sobble||Evolves at level 16||Evolves at level 35||Inteleon (no further evolution)|
Pokemon Shield Starters Comparison
|Grookey||Grass||Strong against: Water, Ground, Rock||Weak against: Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison, Bug|
|Scorbunny||Fire||Strong against: Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel||Weak against: Water, Ground, Rock|
|Sobble||Water||Strong against: Fire, Ground, Rock||Weak against: Grass, Electric|
Best Pokemon Shield Starter
The three starter Pokémon in Pokémon Shield are Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble. Each of them has unique strengths and weaknesses, so the best starter for you depends on your playing style and personal preferences. Here’s a brief overview of each of them:
- Grookey: This is a grass-type Pokémon that is known for its high energy and cheerful demeanor. Its moveset includes Leafage, Branch Poke, and Growl, and it evolves into Thwackey and then Rillaboom. Rillaboom is a formidable opponent, especially against water- and ground-type Pokémon.
- Scorbunny: This is a fire-type Pokémon that is known for its speed and agility. Its moveset includes Ember, Quick Attack, and Growl, and it evolves into Raboot and then Cinderace. Cinderace is a great choice for players who like to focus on speed and offense.
- Sobble: This is a water-type Pokémon that is known for its ability to blend into its surroundings and avoid detection. Its moveset includes Water Gun, Pound, and Growl, and it evolves into Drizzile and then Inteleon. Inteleon is a good choice for players who prefer a more strategic approach to battles.
Ultimately, the best starter for you depends on your preferred play style. If you like fast, offensive Pokémon, Scorbunny might be the way to go. If you prefer strategic battles and sneaky tactics, Sobble might be your best bet. And if you want a powerful, all-around option, Grookey could be the one for you.