Pokemon Pearl is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld gaming console. It was released in 2006 as part of the fourth generation of the Pokemon video game series.
In the game, players take on the role of a young trainer who sets out on a journey to capture and train a variety of Pokemon creatures, as well as battle other trainers in turn-based combat. The game takes place in the Sinnoh region, a fictional location based on the island of Hokkaido in Japan, and features a variety of new Pokemon species as well as familiar ones from previous games.
Pokemon Pearl Starters
In Pokemon Pearl, players have the choice between three different starter Pokemon at the beginning of the game. The three starter Pokemon available in Pokemon Pearl are:
- Turtwig: Turtwig is a Grass-type Pokemon that resembles a small turtle with a green body and a brown shell. It has high defensive stats and can learn moves like Razor Leaf and Synthesis.
- Chimchar: Chimchar is a Fire-type Pokemon that resembles a small monkey with red fur and a flame on its tail. It has high speed and attack stats and can learn moves like Flame Wheel and Brick Break.
- Piplup: Piplup is a Water-type Pokemon that resembles a small penguin with blue and white feathers. It has high special defense and can learn moves like Bubble Beam and Ice Beam.
Pokemon Pearl Starters Pokedex
|Turtwig||Grass||“It undertakes photosynthesis with its body, making oxygen. The leaf on its head wilts if it is thirsty.”|
|Chimchar||Fire||“It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop craggy mountains. Its fire is put out when it sleeps.”|
|Piplup||Water||“A poor walker, it often falls down. However, its strong pride makes it puff up its chest without a care.”|
Pokemon Pearl Starters Stats
|Starter||Type||HP||Attack||Defense||Sp. Atk||Sp. Def||Speed|
Pokemon Pearl Starters Evolution
|Starter||Type||Evolution 1||Evolution 2|
|Turtwig||Grass||Grotle (level 18)||Torterra (level 32)|
|Chimchar||Fire||Monferno (level 14)||Infernape (level 36)|
|Piplup||Water||Prinplup (level 16)||Empoleon (level 36)|
Pokemon Pearl Starters Comparison
|Turtwig||Grass||High Defense and HP, can learn Earthquake||Low Speed and Special Attack, weak to Fire moves|
|Chimchar||Fire||High Attack and Speed, can learn Thunderpunch||Weak Defense and Special Defense, weak to Water moves|
|Piplup||Water||High Special Attack and Defense, can learn Ice Beam||Weak Attack and Speed, weak to Grass and Electric moves|
Best Pokemon Pearl Starter
The best starter Pokemon in Pokemon Pearl is subjective and depends on your personal playstyle. However, here’s a brief overview of the three starter Pokemon you can choose from and their strengths:
- Chimchar (Fire type): Chimchar is a fast and powerful attacker with a good moveset. Its final evolution, Infernape, is a Fire/Fighting type with high Speed and Attack stats, making it a versatile Pokemon that can learn a variety of moves to deal with different types of opponents.
- Piplup (Water type): Piplup is a balanced Pokemon with high Defense and Special Defense stats. Its final evolution, Empoleon, is a Water/Steel type, giving it resistance to many types of attacks. It can also learn moves like Metal Claw and Flash Cannon, which can deal heavy damage to opponents.
- Turtwig (Grass type): Turtwig is a tanky Pokemon with high Defense and HP stats. Its final evolution, Torterra, is a Grass/Ground type with access to moves like Earthquake and Stone Edge, making it a powerful physical attacker. It also has the ability to set up Stealth Rocks, a move that damages opponents switching in.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which starter Pokemon you prefer based on your preferred playstyle and team composition.
Also see Pokemon Diamond Starters