Pokemon Moon is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. It is part of the seventh generation of the Pokemon series and was released for the Nintendo 3DS in 2016.
The game takes place in the Alola region, which is based on Hawaii, and follows a young trainer on their journey to become a Pokemon master. The game introduces new features such as the ability to ride Pokemon, Alolan forms of classic Pokemon, and a new battle mechanic called Z-Moves.
Pokemon Moon Starters
The three starter Pokemon available to choose from in Pokemon Moon are:
- Rowlet: A Grass/Flying type Pokemon resembling an owl. It has the ability Overgrow, which increases the power of its Grass-type moves when its health is low.
- Litten: A Fire-type Pokemon resembling a kitten. It has the ability Blaze, which increases the power of its Fire-type moves when its health is low.
- Popplio: A Water-type Pokemon resembling a sea lion. It has the ability Torrent, which increases the power of its Water-type moves when its health is low.
Pokemon Moon Starters Pokedex
|Rowlet||Grass/Flying||“Rowlet, a Grass Quill Pokémon. It can fly silently through the skies, sneaking up on its opponent without being noticed. It always keeps its feathers clean and dry.”|
|Litten||Fire||“Litten, a Fire Cat Pokémon. When it cleans its fur, it generates a lot of heat. It uses this heat to create fireballs that it can hurl at its opponents.”|
|Popplio||Water||“Popplio, a Sea Lion Pokémon. It can create balloons of water from its nose and manipulate them to create a variety of different shapes. This Pokémon is better at moving in|
Pokemon Moon Starters Stats
|Pokemon||Type||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
Pokemon Moon Starters Evolution
|Rowlet||Evolves into Dartrix at level 17, then evolves into Decidueye at level 34|
|Litten||Evolves into Torracat at level 17, then evolves into Incineroar at level 34|
|Popplio||Evolves into Brionne at level 17, then evolves into Primarina at level 34|
Pokemon Moon Starters Comparison
|Pokemon||Primary Strengths||Primary Weaknesses||Final Evolution Type|
|Rowlet||High Special Defense, good Speed, access to Flying moves||Weakness to Ice, Electric, Poison, and Flying moves||Grass/Ghost|
|Litten||High Attack and Speed, access to Fire moves||Weakness to Water, Ground, and Rock moves||Fire/Dark|
|Popplio||High Special Attack and Defense, access to Water moves||Weakness to Electric and Grass moves, poor physical defense||Water/Fairy|
Best Pokemon Moon Starter
The choice of the best starter Pokemon in Pokemon Moon depends on personal preference and playstyle. However, here are some brief considerations for each starter:
- Rowlet: Rowlet is a Grass/Flying type with a well-rounded stat distribution and access to Flying moves, which can be helpful in battles. Its final evolution, Decidueye, is a Grass/Ghost type with high Attack and Speed, making it a good physical attacker.
- Litten: Litten is a Fire type with high Attack and Speed, making it a good physical attacker. Its final evolution, Incineroar, is a Fire/Dark type with access to moves that boost its stats and decrease the opponent’s stats, making it a versatile and strategic choice.
- Popplio: Popplio is a Water type with high Special Attack and Defense, making it a good special attacker and defender. Its final evolution, Primarina, is a Water/Fairy type with access to a wide range of moves, including Water, Ice, and Fairy moves, making it a versatile and well-rounded choice.
Ultimately, the best starter Pokemon in Pokemon Moon is the one that appeals most to you and fits your playstyle.
Also see Pokemon Sun Starters