Pokémon FireRed is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance. It is a remake of the original Pokémon Red and Blue games for the Game Boy. Pokémon FireRed features updated graphics and gameplay mechanics, as well as new areas and Pokémon not found in the original games.
The player takes on the role of a young trainer who must journey through the Kanto region, catching and training Pokémon while battling other trainers and gym leaders to earn badges. The ultimate goal is to defeat the Elite Four and become the Pokémon Champion.
Pokemon Fire Red Starters
In Pokemon FireRed, players are given a choice of three starter Pokemon at the beginning of their journey. The three starter Pokemon are:
- Charmander: Charmander is a Fire-type Pokemon that evolves into Charmeleon and then Charizard. It has a high Special Attack and Speed, but a low Defense and HP. Charmander is known for its powerful fire-based moves like Flamethrower and Fire Blast.
- Squirtle: Squirtle is a Water-type Pokemon that evolves into Wartortle and then Blastoise. It has a high Defense and HP, but a low Special Attack. Squirtle is known for its water-based moves like Water Gun and Hydro Pump.
- Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur is a Grass/Poison-type Pokemon that evolves into Ivysaur and then Venusaur. It has a high Defense and Special Defense, but a low Speed. Bulbasaur is known for its grass-based moves like Razor Leaf and Solar Beam.
Pokemon FireRed Starters Pokedex
|Starter Pokemon||Type||Pokedex Entry|
|Charmander||Fire||The flame on its tail indicates Charmander’s life force. If it is healthy, the flame burns brightly.|
|Squirtle||Water||When it retracts its long neck into its shell, it squirts out water with vigorous force.|
|Bulbasaur||Grass/Poison||A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokemon.|
Pokemon FireRed Starters Stats
|Starter Pokemon||Type||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
Pokemon FireRed Starters Evolution
|Starter Pokemon||Evolution 1||Evolution 2|
|Charmander||Level 16 –> Charmeleon||Level 36 –> Charizard|
|Squirtle||Level 16 –> Wartortle||Level 36 –> Blastoise|
|Bulbasaur||Level 16 –> Ivysaur||Level 32 –> Venusaur|
Pokemon FireRed Starters Comparison
|Starter Pokemon||Type||Advantages||Disadvantages||Notable Moves|
|Charmander||Fire||Strong against Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel types||Weak against Water, Rock, Ground, and Dragon types||Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Brick Break|
|Squirtle||Water||Strong against Fire, Rock, and Ground types||Weak against Grass and Electric types||Surf, Ice Beam, Bite|
|Bulbasaur||Grass/Poison||Strong against Water, Ground, and Rock types||Weak against Fire, Ice, Flying, and Psychic types||Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Toxic|
Best Pokemon FireRed Starters
The best starter in Pokemon FireRed ultimately depends on your playstyle and personal preference. However, here are some general pros and cons of each starter that might help you make a decision:
- Charmander: Charmander is a great choice if you prefer offensive playstyles. It has high attack power and access to strong Fire and Dragon-type moves, which are useful against many common gym types. However, it is weak to several types, including Water, Rock, Ground, and Dragon, so you will need to be careful in battles.
- Squirtle: Squirtle is a solid choice if you prefer defensive playstyles. It has high defense and access to Water and Ice-type moves, which are useful against many common gym types. However, it is weak to Grass and Electric-types, so you will need to be careful in battles.
- Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur is a good choice if you want a versatile starter. It has access to both Grass and Poison-type moves, which are useful against many common gym types. It also has high Special Attack and Special Defense stats, making it a good choice for special moves. However, it is weak to several types, including Fire, Ice, Flying, and Psychic, so you will need to be careful in battles.
Ultimately, the best starter for you will depend on your playstyle and the types of Pokemon you like to use. Consider which type of Pokemon you prefer and which movesets you find most appealing when choosing your starter.
Also see Pokemon Emerald Starters