Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is a video game released in 2014 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is a remake of the original Pokémon Sapphire game that was released for the Game Boy Advance in 2002. The game takes place in the Hoenn region, where the player character sets out on a journey to become a Pokémon trainer and ultimately challenge the Elite Four.
The game features updated graphics, new Mega Evolutions for certain Pokémon, and includes features from other recent Pokémon games such as Pokémon X and Y. The game also introduces new features such as the DexNav, which allows the player to track and find Pokémon with specific abilities or moves, and the Soar ability, which allows the player to fly around the Hoenn region on the back of a Pokémon.
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Starters
The starter Pokémon in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are:
- Treecko – a Grass-type Pokémon with high speed and agility. It evolves into Grovyle and then into Sceptile, which is a powerful Grass/Dragon-type Pokémon.
- Torchic – a Fire-type Pokémon with a focus on physical attacks. It evolves into Combusken and then into Blaziken, which is a dual Fire/Fighting-type Pokémon and is known for its incredible power.
- Mudkip – a Water-type Pokémon with high defensive capabilities. It evolves into Marshtomp and then into Swampert, which is a dual Water/Ground-type Pokémon and is known for its strong physical attacks.
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Starters Pokedex
|Starter Pokémon||Type||Pokédex Entry|
|Treecko||Grass||It quickly scales even vertical walls. It senses humidity with its tail to predict the next day’s weather.|
|Torchic||Fire||It has a flame sac inside its belly that perpetually burns. It feels warm if it is hugged.|
|Mudkip||Water||The fin on Mudkip’s head acts as a radar that detects the flow of water. If it senses impending rain, it moves to higher ground.|
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Starters Stats
|Starter Pokémon||Type||HP||Attack||Defense||Sp. Atk||Sp. Def||Speed|
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Starters Evolution
|Starter||Stage 1||Evolves at level||Stage 2||Evolves at level||Stage 3|
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Starters Comparison
|Starter||Strong Against||Weak Against||Pros||Cons|
|Treecko||Water, Ground, Rock||Fire, Flying, Poison, Bug, Ice||High speed and special attack, can learn a variety of moves including Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, and Dragon Pulse. Its final evolution||Weakness to several common types, including Fire and Ice.|
|Torchic||Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel||Water, Ground, Rock||High attack and speed, can learn powerful moves like Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, and Overheat. Its final evolution, Blaziken||Weakness to Water-type moves and other common types like Ground and Rock.|
|Mudkip||Fire, Rock, Ground||Grass, Electric||Good defense and special defense, can learn useful moves like Waterfall, Earthquake, and Ice Beam. Its final evolution, Swampert||Weakness to Grass-type moves and limited movepool.|
Best Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Starter
All three starters in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire have their own strengths and weaknesses, so the choice of the “best” starter really depends on personal preference and playstyle. Here’s a brief overview of each starter:
- Treecko – As a Grass-type Pokémon, Treecko has an advantage over Water-type and Ground-type Pokémon. It also has high speed and good special attack. Its final evolution, Sceptile, has a Mega Evolution that further enhances its stats and abilities.
- Torchic – As a Fire-type Pokémon, Torchic has an advantage over Grass-type, Ice-type, Bug-type, and Steel-type Pokémon. It also has decent speed and attack. Its final evolution, Blaziken, has a Mega Evolution that boosts its already impressive stats and adds a Fighting-type to its typing, giving it even more coverage.
- Mudkip – As a Water-type Pokémon, Mudkip has an advantage over Fire-type, Rock-type, and Ground-type Pokémon. It also has good defense and special defense. Its final evolution, Swampert, gains a secondary Ground-typing, which grants immunity to Electric-type moves, and has a high attack stat that allows it to deal significant damage.
Ultimately, the “best” starter is the one that fits your preferred playstyle and the one that you find the most appealing.
Also see Pokemon Omega Ruby Starters